About Me

My photo
Corinth, Mississippi, United States
I'm 23 and some folks have told me that I'm rather mature for my age. I'm blunt though, sadly enough. I don't believe in beating around the bush about anything. I'm slowly trying to involve myself in politics and have ambitions for the field.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Say what Obama?

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-says-republicans-cripple-us-214803507.html

I encourage everyone to read that article.  Now I want to ask you, why in the HELL is the President fundraising?  He's already traveling for free, he already gets free time on tv, and it's not like him paying for ads is really going to make a difference at all in whether or not he gets elected.  He wants to talk about spending and all this bullcrap and how bad the economy is.  If he thought the economy was sooo bad off why is he out there trying to get millions of dollars to blow on a campaign.  Personally, if he were to announce in one of his press conferences, "I will not be fundraising for the coming election.  I had rather our already struggling economy not be pressed even further by the lack of necessity for me to campaign through paid means when there are a lot of avenues to advertise yourself and your beliefs for free."  If he said that, I'd have a little respect for him.

I HATE, HATE, HATE how the Democrats claim to be soo humanitarian, soo for the people, soo for rights, soo for unity but yet whenever a Democrat gets up to speak there is always one thing you know is about to happen.  He/she/it is about to bash a Republican.  Did they ever stop to think about the reason they can't get along is because they can't go five minutes without bashing the other person's ideologies without first listening to what they have to say?  Listening to the context and the beliefs.

That sign, "Tax the Rich" is just stupid and goes to show how undereducated about real life that Americans today are.  The rich are what pay the poor.  You start eliminating their wealth, they start eliminating their stocks, they start eliminating unnecessary employees, and what you promote then is even more without jobs, even more struggling, and even more companies folding up and needing bailouts.  Wake up folks!  Stop the fighting!  Work toward a TRUE AND HONEST solution.

Frankly that jobs act that he wants passed so badly is almost a replica of the one from 2 years ago and to be honest, it didn't do anything for us then.  The definition of insanity is repeating the same action and expecting different results.  We are insane.

Until we as Americans can vote on level headed, non-attacking, non-aggressive, and compromising officials we can continue to see the country venture the path it is currently on.

Don't follow the Ancient Greeks, Don't vote yourselves benefits.  It destroyed one democracy, it will destroy another.

I love this country with all my heart but I swear as a whole we've lost our minds.  Fifty years ago congress would have went without pay if they got in this situation.  They'd have eliminated steak dinners and went with mac&cheese.  They'd eliminated flying first class and went with coach seats.  They'd have cut every single possible expenditure that isn't an absolute necessity.  They would have solved the financial issues.  It's really quite simple and I'll paraphrase Ronald Reagan, "It ain't people getting taxed too little, it's the government spending too much."

1 comment: