About Me

My photo
Corinth, Mississippi, United States
I'm 23 and some folks have told me that I'm rather mature for my age. I'm blunt though, sadly enough. I don't believe in beating around the bush about anything. I'm slowly trying to involve myself in politics and have ambitions for the field.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My thought for the day

Okay so I know I didn't post yesterday and it was looking like I wouldn't post today, buuut I figured I'd share a thought with everyone for the day which stems from a story.

Last night I went into the gas station and paid for gas but on my way out a lady in a van called me over.  She proceeded to explain that her mother had gotten rushed to the hospital in Tupelo (that's about 45 minutes away from Corinth where we were).  In their haste to leave, her husband had forgotten his wallet and they were needing some gas money.  My first thoughts, as always, were yep just someone trying to con a few bucks out of some ole sucker.  Then I looked into the man's eyes and he bowed his head, nothing but shame was across his face.  The lady looked sincere and apologetic for even having to ask someone so I slowly pulled out my wallet and handed them twenty dollars.

Now, I know that could have been a con.  I'm well aware of that and I'm not trying to brag about my good deed but rather share it with everyone else.  What would you do, if you were in their situation for real?  Perhaps the next time you see someone on the side of the road broke down, or the guy at the corner with a sign saying "Will Work For Food," the couple at the grocery store with a child who have to start putting a few items back because they're a little short, or that person telling you their misfortune at the gas station.  Maybe, just maybe you'll pause and think, "Hell Casey helped out a couple, I might as well too."  You know, if every American, everywhere, were to give to those in need around them we'd all be a lot better off.  Our conscious could go clean that the person got a little help and they'll remember and hopefully when they can return the favor.  So I behoove you all to go out of your way this week and help your fellow man.  Yes, I know we've all got bills, many of us are behind on them, but that's nothing like these other's situations.  Who knows, maybe that person you help might just be the person you'll depend on someday for help yourself and you wouldn't want them to remember you as the person who didn't help when they had the chance.

So if you had been in my position or if you had been in that couple's position, what would you have done?  Leave a comment below and share with the rest of us your thoughts on all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment